Wednesday, July 14, 2010

In The Beginning

So today I have finally put my first post in for my ELT401 course at Charles Sturt University. At the moment I haven't actually gone through much of the work and have only just found out which password combination I need to access the readings.

So a little bit about me. I qualified as an Early Childhood Teacher in 2009 and through a university quirk I also have a primary qualification so I can teach from preschool up to year 6. At this point in time I am teaching casually as full time jobs are hard to come by despite what we were told :(

Books have always been my constant in life. My parents taught me to read before I got to school and it just took off from there. My goal now is for children to find the same enjoyment in books that I do and make reading a pleasure rather then a chore.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to read a little bit about yourself. Good luck with your studies for this session. How many subjects are you doing at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. At the moment I'm doing both 401 and 501. It's actually interesting because for some strange reason I'm finding 2 subjects in distance education harder then 5 subjects attending uni...

    ReplyDelete