Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Standards...Anyone Else Freaked Out?

So finally on to topic 2. A bit late but better then never doing it at all. Anyways I just finished reading the ASLA Standards. May I point out for the record I hate reading standards. I know that they are there as something for teachers to work towards but whenever I read standards related to teaching it alternates between being particularly scary and making me feel completely inadequate. And they never seem to use people friendly language. Its always long terms and fashionable phrases, although to be fair the ASLA standards are more user friendly then others.

To be honest at this point in time I have only managed to read the ASLA standards and the actual module. I am so behind. However what I have gained from these is that the role of a teacher librarian is extremely complicated with many parts to it. To accomplish this role mainlining caffeine and reducing sleep seems to be the only way I can see at this point. Any TL's out there who manage this role with ease? I would love to know how.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am sooo relieved to find that I am not the only one struggling to keep up! You are a step ahead of me though, I haven't managed to blog for a while! I agree that there seems to be LOTS of components to the TL role. I keep reminding myself that when I get into the library next year, I will only be there two days a week - so I won't be able to do it all (at least not in the first year! LOL)...I guess it's like everything else in life - you shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll end up in the stars!

    ReplyDelete